We have altered Emmeline's already wonderful schedule a bit since she is getting older. Moms on Call gives different example schedules for different aged children. I have moved her to the one for 4-6 month old babies which has her having a bottle every 4 hours. She is getting 4 bottles a day and I am giving her a little rice cereal in the morning and afternoon. Also, she is getting more ounces at her first bottle and last bottle of the day.
I am soooo glad we have moved her to this schedule. She was having 5 bottles a day and I was noticing that I was having to wake her up at 2pm from her nap in order to eat and at that time, she wasn't even very hungry. I don't think she has really noticed much of a change. The biggest difference is that she is now going to bed after we give her a bottle at 7pm. It is wonderful!
With her last schedule, she was taking 2 longer naps and 1 short nap and then in the evening, she was staying awake mostly from the time she had her 5pm supper bottle until after her final bottle at 8pm. This was a looooooong stretch of awake time for all of us. She typically did fine. Em is not one to just nap somewhere if she gets tired, so if she was tired during this time, she'd just be cranky. With the new schedule she takes 2 long naps and 1 catnap in the evening in between that supper and final bottle which is nice. Naps are hit or miss daily. Because she is sleeping 11+ hours at night, she is not as sleepy during the days. The past few days she is sleeping about an hour or so during her morning nap and then 1.5-2 hours in the afternoon and then the catnap is abou 30 or 45 minutes.
I need to introduce some baby food, as I am sure the rice cereal is pretty bland and boring, but I want to make my own food and I am waiting to try and get a Beaba Babycook off Ebay. I don't want her to get used to store-bought babyfood and then not eat what I make her.
No comments:
Post a Comment