It's very apparent how much love and appreciation I have for the women of "Moms on Call". (Someone made the mistake of giving me one of the "moms" email addresses and now I drive her nuts.) They are such wonderful people and do such a great job of teaching mommies how to teach their babies to sleep. Our first schedule was really great once she was old enough to really take to it. Once she was 5 weeks old and sleeping in her crib, she was doing 3 great naps a day and sleeping wonderfully at night. When Emmeline quit waking up in the middle of the night or at 5 or 6 a.m. crying, the ladies at MOC said that I could go ahead and move her to the 3-12 month schedule. This would eventually have Emmeline sleeping 12 hours at night. What a beautiful thing! Of course though, I do not do well with change of ANY kind. Have you figured that out about me? And this schedule had a little bit more flexibility about nap times and feeding times. I loved the 0-3 month schedule because they said you feed at 9,12,3,6,9 and after they eat, you keep them up for 30 minutes and then its down for a nap. Easy enough.
It took me a little while to adjust to the new schedule and Emmeline too. Of course, we also experienced this new friend called a "nap intruder" around this time that had me scared to death. What have I done wrong? She had been sleeping her solid 2 hour naps, 3 times a day before. Why is she waking up after 45 minutes WAILING?! Apparently, nap time sleep cycles go 30-45 minutes in REM sleep and then about 10-15 in "twilight" sleep. So, a lot of times, after 45 minutes, they wake up a little and may even cry. MOC said do NOT go get them up, they are not done sleeping and sure enough, after a minute or two, she was back to sleep. The first time the nap intruder started, she would really scream and cry hard, but now a lot of times its just a whimper and back asleep or even just rolls around and back asleep. It is really crazy because it is like clockwork. 45 minutes, BAM... wahhhhhhhhhh. Moms on Call says to give the baby a chance for a good 2 hour nap... whether they sleep, cry, or play, they have the opportunity to sleep.
Anyway, enough of my sleep cycle knowledge. The moral of the story - baby sleeps, mom and daddy sleep, life is good.
Our new schedule has her getting up around 7/730 and having a 2 hour nap in the morning and a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day and then the option of another nap later in the afternoon, but a lot of times thats when we run errands I just hope that she catnaps in the car. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't want to go into too much detail here, because its not my program to sell. If you are interested go to momsoncall.com and sign up. It'll be the best money you've ever spent!
It's very nice having her go down earlier so that Rob and I can have some quality time together watching TV on the couch :)
I have preached MOC to so many mommies, but only the ones who actually try it, get it. (So glad that the wonderful and well-known blogger "Blue Eyed Bride" tried it and told all her blog readers about it!) I know no one reads my little blog! We are not lucky, we do not have good babies, we have taught them how to do this... and it's EASY. The control freak in me loves a schedule and its continuing to work out great for my family.
It took me a little while to adjust to the new schedule and Emmeline too. Of course, we also experienced this new friend called a "nap intruder" around this time that had me scared to death. What have I done wrong? She had been sleeping her solid 2 hour naps, 3 times a day before. Why is she waking up after 45 minutes WAILING?! Apparently, nap time sleep cycles go 30-45 minutes in REM sleep and then about 10-15 in "twilight" sleep. So, a lot of times, after 45 minutes, they wake up a little and may even cry. MOC said do NOT go get them up, they are not done sleeping and sure enough, after a minute or two, she was back to sleep. The first time the nap intruder started, she would really scream and cry hard, but now a lot of times its just a whimper and back asleep or even just rolls around and back asleep. It is really crazy because it is like clockwork. 45 minutes, BAM... wahhhhhhhhhh. Moms on Call says to give the baby a chance for a good 2 hour nap... whether they sleep, cry, or play, they have the opportunity to sleep.
Anyway, enough of my sleep cycle knowledge. The moral of the story - baby sleeps, mom and daddy sleep, life is good.
Our new schedule has her getting up around 7/730 and having a 2 hour nap in the morning and a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day and then the option of another nap later in the afternoon, but a lot of times thats when we run errands I just hope that she catnaps in the car. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't want to go into too much detail here, because its not my program to sell. If you are interested go to momsoncall.com and sign up. It'll be the best money you've ever spent!
It's very nice having her go down earlier so that Rob and I can have some quality time together watching TV on the couch :)
I have preached MOC to so many mommies, but only the ones who actually try it, get it. (So glad that the wonderful and well-known blogger "Blue Eyed Bride" tried it and told all her blog readers about it!) I know no one reads my little blog! We are not lucky, we do not have good babies, we have taught them how to do this... and it's EASY. The control freak in me loves a schedule and its continuing to work out great for my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment