Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Emmeline is 3 Months Old!

Emmeline is 3 months old! July 26th, 2011
I can't believe 3 months have gone by since I gave birth to my precious baby Emmeline. It has been quite a whirlwind and I love her more each and every day! She is starting to develop more of a personality and can be quite feisty. She lets you know when she is "over it". She is very easily amused which is nice because I'm not that funny. All you really have to do is look at her and she will smile. She loves it when you stick your tongue out at her or make funny noises with your mouth.

Her favorite things to do during the day are still playing on that jungle playmat, although she has gotten a little frustrated with it at times because she is starting to reach and want to grab everything and yank it down and sometimes has a hard time grasping. She LOVES being read to which makes me extremely happy. Her favorites are still Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, There's a Wocket in my Pocket, Put Me in the Zoo, and her touch and feel books. I have been quite impressed at how she understands to reach out and touch the touch and feel books. Of course, I help her with it and then she basically just holds her hand out and hits the pages, but I think she gets it. :) She also does a good job of holding onto the book like she wants to read it herself. She is very independent. Much too my dismay at this point in her life, she doesn't really like to be held or snuggled very much. She likes to be doing her own thing. This is how I was as a baby and still am as an adult. I hope she'll grow out of it a little and like me to hold her.
We are trying to do more and more tummy time during the day and she has finally started tolerating it. (Although most of the time I lay her down and spit up flies out) She is doing a good job of lifting her big ol' nogging and her chest off the floor. I thought she was going to roll over one day, but like I said, her head is just huge. She'll figure it out sooner or later. She doesn't have full neck control yet and is still a "bobble head" but its definitely getting better.

She has decided that her bouncy seat and swing are no longer the worst places in the world. I think she likes the things I've dangled from her bouncy seat for her to look at and play with. Last night we put her in the swing for the first time in a while because she was just fussy and I knew she was tired. She didn't scream like she used to, she just swung and looked around and eventually took a good little 20-30 minute nap. It was great!
She is sleeping about 11 hours a night and taking 2 to 3 naps a day. (Thanks to http://www.momsoncall.com/) She gets 5 bottles a day with 6 ounces in each bottle, yet she doesn't drink the full 6 ounces every time. She still hates her carseat, but not as much. I actually have some pictures of her on my phone of her smiling in the carseat. Her main problem is when we try to go out to eat and she wakes up in the carseat and realizes we are not in the car she gets mad. (or if she sees me... she wants OUT) I think she probably weighs about 13 lbs and still seems pretty short. She is in 3 month clothes and some 3-6 month. I still am using size 1 diapers (because I bought a big box and need to get through it) but they are seeming a little small, so I will be buying some size 2's soon.

Emmy and her daddy have such a fun relationship and their own special bond. He has his own "bag of tricks" of things he does when he plays with her and its so cute. He has definitely been working on the TOUCHDOWN! sign with her and shows her how to shoot baskets with her hands. (I think I even heard him telling her that 3 pointers are better than 2) He makes a funny helicopter sound with his mouth and hovers over her and when he kisses her he says "That's where it landed." It melts my heart! He is so good with her. (Like I knew he would be.)
She is becoming increasingly more vocal. She "talks" all the time and even started laughing a little bit. Sometimes she will really get going and just won't shut up. (Hm, wonder who she gets that from?) She likes to do it when Rob and I are trying to watch TV. SHHHH I tell her! The cutest thing is at night or for naps, after her initial fussing about being swaddled, once she is wrapped up she will just cooo and ahhh at me so I won't leave the room. Of course, I stay in there a couple extra minutes just to talk to her and tell her I love her. It's one of my favorite parts of the day.

Dear Emmeline,
The last 3 months with you have been so amazing. You fit perfectly into our little life and we wouldn't trade you for the world! We are so blessed God picked us to be your parents. We love watching you learn and grow each day. You are a smart girl and have such a beautiful smile. We can't wait to see what this month has in store for us. Thank you for making our life so happy and full of joy!
Love, Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment