Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Vist to Darlin'

At the beginning of December, Emmy and I took a special trip down to Raleigh to visit my grandmother (my Dad's mom). We met my mom in Raleigh and visited with Darlin' (as the great grandchildren call her, the regular grandchildren call her "Other Mother") This was such a fun day. We hung out in Other Mother's apartment for a little while and chatted and then headed down to the dining room for lunch. Emmy enjoyed seeing the big Christmas tree, giving smiles to the other old folks, and entertaining all the sweet ladies that worked in the dining room.

We had a great time talking and having lunch. Emmy was a little fussy, as I had no clue she had teeth breaking through! Poor thing! She spent most of lunch chewing on a spoon we gave her. Her Darlin' got to see the "bucking bronco" (what Emmy does if you take anything away from her... throw back out, have tantrum!)

I am so thankful that we had this time with Emmy's great grandmother. I hope she will be able to spend more time with her in the future. So special!

Emmy checking out her Darlin'
 Playing with some toys

Gan-Gan, Darlin' and Emmy... LOVE this pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment