Tuesday, November 20, 2012

18 Months Old. How?!?!

Emmeline is 18 Months Old!
October 26th, 2012 
18 months old. Just stop. Stop time right there. (or maybe don't because it's been a little fussy around here lately) But really, I can't believe how "grown up" my "baby" is getting. I love it and hate it all at the same time. Everyone tells you that there are things you love about every stage and I think it's true. I just love how much Emmy is learning and doing each day. She amazes me at how much she can do and how much she understands. She is really like a little person now. Along with this fun stage comes a bit of a whiny/fussy/can't quite communicate stage which can be the PITS. To me, there is nothing worse than a whining child. The mantra in our house is "We don't speak Whinese." (Thanks Moms on Call!) 

Emmy is a very busy girl. She hardly ever stops moving when she is awake. She is on the go, go, go. She is always into something in the house, everything except her toys, of course. Honestly, she doesn't have a ton of age appropriate toys right now. It's close to Christmas and we just don't have room for all that stuff junk. She loves to get into tupperware cabinets, play with puzzles, push her baby stroller around (with any and everything in besides her baby Stella), we have play picnics together. She loves to spread the blanket out juuuust right. 
Emmy is very communicative and is talking a lot. She understands pretty much everything we say. She loves helping around the house. She will go find "tash tash" (trash) and throw it in the trash can for me. She likes to clean up and put things where they belong. It's neat that I can tell her to do things and that she can actually do things that are HELPFUL. 

Emmy likes:
-balls
-anything with wheels
-trucks
-Brinkley (love/hate)
-her bun bun
-books
-milk
-Craisins
-music class
-Little Einsteins/Blues Clues 

Emmy dislikes:
-diaper changes
-clothing changes
-riding in her carseat
-veggies 
-timeouts 
-sitting still

I say often that toddlers are so bipolar because one day she will love something, the next day she hates it. One day she eats great, the next, she wants none of the food she normally loves. 

More than anything, I just love being Emmy's mom. I always have loved being her Mom, but the love and feelings I have for her really keep on growing each day. Now, I don't LIKE her all day, every day, but I do love that girl! 

**Emmy had a wonderful 18 month well-visit with Dr. Jedlica. Even though the shots weren't fun, we got a clean bill of health.**

Emmy weighs 21 lbs and is 30.5 inches tall. Still a little itty bitty peanut! 

No comments:

Post a Comment