Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas with the Aycocks

Christmas this year was even more fun than I could've imagined with my sweet family. We started the tradition many years ago of going to the Aycock's house in Wake Forest for Christmas Eve dinner and church. The Aycocks had always done "family" gifts on Christmas Eve as well. This year was no exception. We headed down to WF on Christmas Eve and got their mid-morning. Emmy's grandparents were very happy to see her and hardly put her down. We hung out, relaxed, and played with Emmy and then decided to do her gifts before we went to church. (Honestly, her grandparents could hardly stand the anticipation and were about to jump out of their skin to give her presents.) I talked them in to waiting until after Emmy went to bed to do our gifts so that we could focus on each other and what was going on and not feel rushed. (I am sure it's just me, but I can't concentrate/relax as much when E is around.)

Emmeline was blessed with so many wonderful gifts. She got a B. Zany wooden zoo toy that has a bunch of fun activities on it. I know she will grow to love playing with this. She also received a Jesus Storybook Bible that is gorgeous. I am thrilled to have this to start reading to her when she gets a little older. They also recorded a Hallmark storybook of Twas the Night Before Christmas. There may have been some tears shed when I heard her sweet grandparents voices reading the story. What a treasure! Also, as mentioned in another post, Emmy got a white rocking chair in her size. It is so adorable. It is a tradition in the Aycock's family to have a rocking chair like that when you are little.

After we opened all of Emmy's gifts, we got dressed up and layered up to head to Christmas Eve service out at the Grace Haven property. It had been very cold in years past, but was pretty mild this year, just a little chilly. Emmeline looked adorable in her nativity smocked dress. We lit the Christ Candle as a family and each did a reading. This was very special to be included in the service!

After church, we put Emmy to bed and enjoyed a delicious dinner and gifts. The Aycocks were way too generous with gifts this year, but we were very thankful for them. I just was glad to be able to spend such quality time together.

Love that big smile!
 This is for me???

 Chewing on her Rockabye Baby: Guns n Roses Lullabies

 After Christmas Eve service in her rocker
 With Grandpa Ben
 and Grandma Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment