Emmeline is 8 Months Old!
December 26th, 2011
So, Emmeline is really closer to 9 months now, as we have been so busy with the holidays, but she has juststarted doing so many new things in the past weeks/days that I feel like I have to keep with the monthly post!
Emmy turned 8 months old the day after Christmas while we were in Rocky Mount celebrating with our family. Christmas was amazing and busy (separate post in itself), but full of joy.
I can not even put into words how much I love this age. Emmy is changing so much every day and just keeps getting more fun. I will just do some bullet points instead of rambling incoherently....
Emmy...
-is still not crawling, but rolling, scooting and moving around a lot. Maybe it's a "girl thing", but she is just pretty content to sit/lay and play with toys and doesn't really feel the need to go explore too much. The only place she really moves around a lot is when she is playing in her bedroom because it's a big open space.
-has 2 teeth! Emmy got the 2 front bottom teeth when she was 7 months old. The first one popped through after a day of fussiness and then a couple days later, Rob noticed her chewing on a piece of cardboard, and sure enough, the one beside it was slowly peeking through
-still a great sleeper... she sleeps from 7-7/730 and takes 2 naps. Still so thankful for those wonderful ladies at www.momsoncall.com I know it sounds crazy, but since she started sleeping through the night at about 8 weeks, she has never woken up in the night... yep, I said it, so she will wake up tonight for sure!
-has started "talking" or babbling, I guess you call it. She says lots of ba ba bas, mixed in with some mehs and I swear I heard a "da da" in there, but noooo mama! Sometimes she cries "mehhh mehhh" when I put her down for a nap. I am amazed at how much her "language" has picked up in just the past few days
-understands what we are saying to her! She knows when I ask her "Where's the doggy?" or "Where's Daddy?" she will either look to them or "point" (reach her arm out) Even just after having her new baby Stella babydoll for a few days, I said "where's stella?" and she looked to stella and started talking to her
-asks questions... I know this sounds weird, but I don't know how to describe it. She makes a funny noise that has the inflection of a question... kind of like she is saying "huh?" "huh?" She does it when she sees something and gets excited about it
-still likes to play in her exersaucer, but not as much. We vary it up with some playtime on the floor and she also likes to stand up with her new "walker" toy while I have it pushed into the sofa so that it won't roll away
-has 4 bottles a day and 3 "meals"... she is still liking her solid foods. I have tried to give her bites of muffin, puffs, and bits of bread, but she doesn't like the texture and I freak out she is going to choke because she normally gags on them
-she is still pretty little, wearing mainly 6 month clothes. I just had to mve her from her 3-6 month jammies to 6-9 month and I noticed the sleeves on some of her 6 month clothes are getting short, so maybe she is hitting a little growth spurt
There are probably a bunch of other things I am leaving out, but this has been what's going on lately. I love that little girl so much it makes me want to explode!
Dear Emmy,
We are so proud of all your learning and growing. You are the sweetest little girl and so smart. You brighten up our days every day! You will be one in just a few short months. Where has the year gone? You have taught us so much about ourselves and we are thankful for all the joy you bring us.
No comments:
Post a Comment