Last Monday, Rob and I went to the doctor for baby Aycock's 12 week appointment and ultrasound. We were both very eager to see the changes he had made in just 4 weeks. At our 8 week appointment he was just a little peanut, and we knew this time it was going to have arms and legs and a heartbeat that we could hear. I am glad I scheduled it for a Monday (it made it a lot easier to get through a typically loooong day)


Leg...
3d looking like an alien gummy bear...

We arrived at the doctor and got to meet Pam the ultrasound tech. She was awesome. We were in awe when we saw the images of baby A on the screen. He/she had a "beautiful" brain according to Pam with "beautiful" hemispheres and everything about the baby looked and measured just "perfect".
I thought I may get emotional seeing all of this, but I was still more in shock about it. Because I haven't been sick with my pregnancy and have pretty much felt normal, I still couldn't connect the fact that this person on the screen was inside of me!
We also got to hear the really fast heartbeat (170 bpm). That was super neat. It's amazing how reassuring that little "lub dub lub dub" was. I could have listened all day, but of course, we only got about 30 seconds of it before she moved on to something else.
The pictures of baby are SO neat. At first baby wanted to put his/her hands over its face and not let us see much but in one it actually looked like it was smiling. It was relaxing with its heads behind its head... straight chillin'.
Enjoy the pictures below. We can't wait to find out more about this beautiful boy or girl and see it continue to grow. (And for the record, I think it's a boy, but what do I really know?!)
Cute little profile/you can also see the spine...


Leg...
3d looking like an alien gummy bear...

Arm/hand...

No comments:
Post a Comment