Sunday, October 10, 2010

Baby/New mom books. I feel so old.

I am 12 weeks pregnant and have yet to read one book on pregnancy. I started to feel like I'm a little behind, but honestly, I have felt so good lately that I figured things are going well. I pulled out the "black bag" full of goodies and magazines the OBGYN gave us on our first visit when Rob was outta town one night and started reading some of that information. Some interesting, some fun, some useful, some overwhelming. I decided I couldn't go wrong with the classic What to Expect When You're Expecting book, so I went to Barnes and Noble's yesterday and picked up a few books.

As I was perusing the childcare/new mom section, I was overwhelmed at just how many books they had on everything to do with pregnancy, breastfeeding, discipline, and even about 20 books just on baby NAMES. Crazy! I knew I could get easily sucked in, so I picked up the books I needed and a funny one for Rob on becoming a dad. I sat and read it for quite some time before I decided to get it and it was actually very entertaining AND informative. I put it on his bedside table, so we'll see if it gets opened at all ;)

I have to admit, just like it was slightly embarassing buying pregnancy tests at the grocery store, it was also kind of weird to checkout with a bunch of baby books. I mean, I don't look much over 18 years old. I got mistaken for a middle schooler just last year. Sad.

We are going for our 12 week appointment tomorrow and I'm very excited. We will hopefully get to hear baby Aycock's heartbeat for the first time. (Which I hear is very exciting!) and we will also get some more ultrasound pictures. Apparently the OBGYN makes a cd of the pics for you, so I will try to post them on here. Can't wait to see that little cutie since this time he will look less like a peanut and more like a little baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment