Monday, October 4, 2010

11 weeks and maternity jeans

I am 11 weeks pregnant today and have had a life-changing experience. Yes, I know being pregnant is life-changing enough but let me tell you about maternity jeans...

So, I haven't gained any weight yet, but it's like I woke up a few days ago and had a different shaped belly. I had an all day workshop on Friday where I had to sit down most of the day (As teachers, we are not used to this thing known as sitting down) Because it was a Friday and I wasn't at school, I wore my jeans. Mid-morning I start to have awful pains in my stomach. I'm flipping out because I think something is wrong. I go to the bathroom and unbutton my jeans. WHEW. I can breathe. Hmmm... maybe my jeans are a little too snug. I had button and zipper and stitch marks all over my stomach. I'm not going to lie, I had on a really long button up sweater so I unbuttoned my top button for most of the day while I was sitting down.

I know everyone's body is different and changes at different times, but I thought 11 weeks was way too early for maternity clothes. I have a friend who is 20 weeks and just now bought maternity clothes. I knew I couldn't stand to be in those jeans anymore.

Friday afternoon 3 pregnant friends and I met for a wind-down Friday and afterwards two of us went to Kohl's and I discovered the most amazing invention ever, maternity jeans! Where have they been all my life? Why don't we all just wear maternity jeans ALL the time? Granted, they make you look more pregnant than you are because your tummy kinda hangs loose in the stretchy part, but they are SO darn comfy.

Rob dubbed them my "fat" pants about twice before he learned that they probably shouldn't be referred to as that or he may get a black eye. (love you babe)

I also bought a Bella band which has been great too. It lets you wear your normal pants with the button undone and you put this stretchy band around to hold them up and hide the button. I could have fit in the pants I wore today just fine, but it felt soooo much better undone with the belly band.

"Mrs. Aycock, you're fat!" -- one of my students first thing this morning (She regularly asks "where's the baby?")

So, yep, I guess I'm fat now. I may not have gained the weight yet (even though I am eating PLENTY), but my tummy is protruding.

No comments:

Post a Comment