Ok, now I know I get irritable with my Kindergartners, but when was it okay for my uterus to get irritable? It has been a rough week on me to say the least and I haven't been listening to my body like I should.
I have begun having some contractions and a lot of tightness in my abdomen pretty much all the time. It goes away and I tried to blow it off. I am only 33 weeks pregnant. I'm not in labor!
Welllllll... I had my 32 week check-up yesterday and voiced these concerns to my doctor (I had been in about 10 days prior with shortness of breath and tightening and they hooked me up to a Non stress test for about an hour)
The doctor did a fetal fibronectin test which I guess means they take a sample of some secretions (gross I know) and the test will be positive or negative. We are hoping negative, as positive *could* but doesn't always mean I may go into labor soon. And of course having the test on a Friday means I won't hear back until Monday.
Then she hooked me up to the fetal monitor again. She said I might have had one contraction in the about 20 minutes and some "uterine irritability" but that the baby looked okay. She also checked my cervix and said that was fine.
Um, ok Doc, what does all this mean? She said she was trying to set my mind at ease, but all she has done is worry me now. I also didnt gain any weight in 2 weeks which freaks me out.
I put myself on bedrest last night and stayed in for like 15 hours... hard when you cant sleep well. I am hoping today will be a better day.
No comments:
Post a Comment