Sunday, June 26, 2011

Emmeline is 2 Months Old!

Emmeline is 2 months old. I really can't believe it. Time with this sweet girl is just flying by. I look at her each day and feel like I notice something different about her that is growing or changing. I'm starting to feel like she's been part of our family forever.Weeks 6-8 were a little extra fussy as we were trying to find the right formula for her. This, of course, was upsetting to her little tummy as we were switching things around. We are hoping that we now have her on the right track. She was dealing with reflux and a rash on her face among other things that made her uncomfortable and not always a happy baby. Lately I feel like this fussiness has gotten better. I am sure it just takes babies time to adjust to their new lives in this world. Things must be so scary for them. (i.e.: riding in the carseat) Yep, she still doesn't like to get in her carseat, but falls asleep pretty quickly once we are on the road. (and I have been informed by a doctor that this isn't a medical issue)

At 2 months old, Emmeline is taking 3 one and a half to two hour naps a day and sleeps 8-10 hours a night. Yeah, it's a blessing, but we weren't just blessed with a good sleeper. We taught Emmeline the gift of sleep through a program called "Moms on Call". If you'd like your baby to sleep, look into it. It really works. I have several friends who could give a testimonial! Rob and I take this sleep for granted I think when I talk to other friends who are up several times a night with babies older than Emmeline. I have to stop and remember what a good baby she is sometimes.

Emmeline LOVES to talk. Some days more than others. Sometimes I feel like I can't get her to shut up. I'll walk out of her room for nap time and she is STILL going on and on about something. I guess she may take after me in the chatter box department. She still loves to play on her playmats and also has a new love for books. YAY! We read lots of books during our "awake" time. She still doesn't like being held, mind you, but she will lay on the floor and I lay next to her and hold the book up. Her favorites are Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, Touch and Feel Zoo, Pajama Time, and the Going to Bed Book. In particular, she likes the black sheep in the Brown Bear book. (or when mama says baaaa)

I think Rob is glad that Emmeline finally acknowledges his presence. She recognizes our faces and voices and lights up when Daddy gets home from work. They have their own special daddy/daughter bond forming, that I'm sure will only get stronger throughout the years. My Dad and I always ganged up on my mom, so I guess this will be payback time.

Dear Emmeline,
We always think we couldn't possibly love you anymore, but we really do, each day! You are such a happy baby and smile and play all the time. You are very independent and don't really like being held unless it's during feeding time. I am afraid you may take after me in the not like being held or touched category which makes me sad. Hopefully you'll learn to like snuggling soon. You get 6 bottles a day and are starting to drink more ounces at each bottle than before. You are finally getting over the fear of your swing. You spent a lot of time in it during your early weeks, but I know you have forgotten about those. We are having to "reintroduce" you to your swing. At first you'd scream for about 10 minutes when we put you in and then fall asleep, but now it's transitioned to just a little fussing for a minute before being okay. Good girl! You still are swaddled for all your naps and at night, but will often bust out if something is bothering you or in the morning. You are a strong girl. You try very hard to hold your head up, but it is BIG. (Daddy is sorry for that.) You look like a bobble head doll. We love seeing you learn, grow, and interact each day. You are truly a blessing from our Lord and we wouldn't trade you for the world.
Love, Mom and Daddy

2 month stats:
Height- 22 1/4 inches
Weight- 11 lbs 10 oz (you started off a BIG baby, but have now slowed down. that's okay!)
Head circumference- 16 cm (95th percentile. HA)

You didn't like your 2 month shots too much, but once we got you home and some Tylenol, you went about life as normal. What a sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment