Thursday, May 3, 2012

Emmy is 1!

Emmeline is 12 months old!
April 26th, 2012 

Put this update post off long enough. We are now a week into our 12th month and you are doing so many things, that I better write them down so I don't forget. You are doing so many new things everyday that it's hard to keep up!

Emmy, you're 1! I can't believe it. We have all made it a whole year. Whew! What a wild, amazing ride it's been. We are so lucky that God chose us to be your parents. You make everyday a little brighter. You are growing and changing right before our eyes. It's like you turned into a toddler overnight. I love it and hate it a little bit all at the same time. 

You are all over the place. You like to crawl around/scoot around/cruise around and push anything that moves all around the house. You love our dining room chairs and pushing them around the dining room, out into the halls, into the living room; wherever you can push them until you run into something, then you stop and go get another one. I wrote in a previous post about your "walka walka" (walker) and how you had a love-hate relationship with it. You loved it when it was moving, hated it when you'd run into something. I hid it for a few days, but decided to be a nice momma you found it  and give it back to you. Boy am I glad I did that! You went from being frustrated about not steering it, to basically man-handling that thing into wherever you wanted to go. You can push it and turn it and take it all around. You get so excited and your face lights up every time you go past me with it. You often say "bye bye" as you leave the room. You're a trip.

You still love to jibber jabber. You continue to say "dat?!" and point for most things. I tell you over and over what they are. You can say "bye bye" now, whereas before, it was just a wave and this funny "uhh" sound. You make the other "typical" sounds baba, dada, and I think I've heard you say "mama" some, but still not really in reference to me. Although, you get this funny tone to your voice when you do say it, like you are yelling for me. You are starting to be in that stage where you want to REALLY talk. You point at things frustrated and say "mmm hmmm?" I know once you start, you are not going.to.shut.up. :)

We had our 12 month check-up with Dr. Jedlica the day after you turned one. I wanted to go ahead and get the appointment over with so we could get the go-ahead for whole milk and some advice on various things. You weighed in at 19 lbs 4 ounces and 28 inches tall. You are still relatively little-- about 25th percentile for both. The doc said it wouldn't be til your 2nd birthday that she could really tell me "what kind of person you'd be" regarding size. You got 3 shots at this appointment and boy were you TICKED. You cried and cried and cried some more. So sad. You were fine by the time we got you home. We decided to give you our present for you (Little People farm) so that you'd have something new to play with.

You are now on all whole milk. Praise the Lord for no more formula ($$$) You seem to like it fine, but the transition to the sippy cup is a whole other story. Little miss, you love your bottles so much. You always have. You love to cuddle with me while you drink it and you've never cared to hold your bottle yourself. I also love these few moments of cuddling/quiet time with you and have to say, I am a little sad to give them up. I know you wouldn't "take a bottle to Kindergarten" with you if I decided to keep giving you one, but once again, I trust my doctor and those wonderful Moms on Call ladies with the fact that you don't need that bottle and get rid of it! I will post that separately, but to date, you are having a morning bottle and a nighttime bottle and sippy cup of milk at other times.

Still sleeping wonderfully. Taking 2 naps a day that still vary in length-- normally, an hour or so in the morning and then at least an hour and a half in the afternoon. You get in the bed (I don't say go to sleep because you play a bit) at 7/7:15 and wake up the next morning around 7.
You got a push-car for your birthday from my parents and LOVE it. We have taken walks in it everyday and you legit squeal the loudest sound I've ever heard from your body when I open the door to the porch and you see that car. Great gift!

Dear Emmeline,
You are such an amazing little girl. Yep, you're a little girl now. It's crazy. I can't believe how much you change in such a short amount of time. I want to soak all of it in and enjoy you every moment I can. Sometimes I love you so much that I literally feel like I'm going to explode. How crazy is that?! And I'm just being honest that sometimes you frustrate me so much that I wonder what the heck I'm doing. But no matter what, I love you unconditionally. Thank you for making this year the best year of our lives!
Love, Mommy and Daddy

Our little sassy britches

No comments:

Post a Comment