I decided that I would like to go down to Rocky Mount to visit my parents and grandparents so that we could celebrate my birthday and Emmy's together. We headed down there early Saturday morning, April 21st and got to Rocky Mount in time to meet my grandparents, Norca and Nancy, at Brian's Grill with my parents for a yummy lunch. I also share a birthday with my grandfather's wife, so it was just a big celebration!
Emmy and her Gandaddy
Emmy and Nancy. That drink lid kept her very entertained!
Emmy and Rob after lunch. Ready for naps!
The rest of Saturday afternoon went just like I wanted it to for my birthday. I wanted to do NOTHING. Emmy took a great long nap and we all laid around as well. There is something so comforting about being at your parent's house-- to me at least. It is also nice, as a Mom, to not feel like I am always needing to be doing something. (ie: cleaning, laundry, etc) Emmy had her grandparents to play with her. We went on a nice walk and just had a wonderful afternoon.
My parents thought it would be nice to go out, just the four of us, for a fun birthday dinner that night. They arranged a babysitter and we put Emmeline to bed around 7pm and headed to Tarboro for dinner. Who knew that Tarboro of all places had such a fine dining establishment. We ate at "On the Square" and while we had one of the worst waitresses ever (probably due to my dad's comment that he liked her hair and me commenting, "Why? Because it's red?") it was still a fabulous time. We had a yummy calamari app, one of the best salads I've ever tasted, and I had the filet as my main course. YUMMY.
The four of us before heading to Tarboro
The aftermath of my dinner. It was deeeeeelicious!
My sweet parents.
It was almost 10pm by the time we got back to Rocky Mount. We decided to have some birthday cake while I opened cards I had received and a few thoughtful gifts.
(*Warning- Picture overload. I may have asked my husband to "Hey, take a picture of this!" several times.*)
Love everything that's going on in this picture
The entire Friday Night Lights series... SCORE!
Sunday was my actual birthday. All I wanted was to sleep in, even though I knew I wouldn't be able to really sleep in. Late on Saturday night, my Dad offered to get up with Emmy and give her her bottle. My Mom chuckled at this, but my Dad was determined to do it, so I wrote down a couple things, gladly handed him the monitor and went to sleep. Of course, Emmy chose that Sunday morning to sleep in. I woke up about 7:30 and heard her in the other room talking. At first I was ticked off because I was sure my Dad had forgotten about her, but she really had just woken up. Rob took her down to my Dad and I crawled back in bed for a bit longer. Even though I didn't get to sleep, I just liked not having the responsibility of getting up and taking care of her. My parents had church during Emmy's morning nap, so Rob and I stayed home and met them at the Club for a celebratory lunch. Emmy did great at lunch. We packed up and headed back out that afternoon. It was a quick trip, but just what I needed to have a little "about me" time.
Emmy and baby Stella
The birthday girls!
What a great picture of Emmy and her Daddy!
Emmy and Gandaddy at lunch

















No comments:
Post a Comment