Sunday, May 6, 2012

"No bow, No go"

It's true that I love having a little girl. Before I had Emmy, I wasn't really one to like much pink (still don't), but I always loved little girls dressed like little girls in sweet outfits. Beyond that, I always thought bows were really cute, as well. No offense, but I never liked the big headbands babies wear, and just decided I'd wait for Emmy to have enough hair to hold a little bow that was proportional to her size instead of a giant bow bigger than her head.

When Emmy was about 6 months old, my dear friend Kellie, gifted us with her tiny Wee Ones bows that her daughters were done with. I was way too excited about the ability to now match a bow to her outfits. She barely had enough hair to keep it in, but I could make it stay if I tried.

As time went on, I continued to love finding the perfect little bow to match whatever she was wearing... until one day, right around her first birthday, Emmy realized that she had something stuck in her hair. She was over it. She now pulls that sucker out the second I get it in, and if she doesn't get it right away, she periodically checks for one. It.drives.me.crazy. I love that little bow and I hardly recognize her without one in. Weird, right? I know, I'm insane. I will just be glad when she's old enough for me to tell her "No bow, No go" (Thanks Courtney for that great phrase.)

Emmy sportin' her first bow. 

 Matching a yellow bow to her bathing suit

Caught her! Mid "bow-pull-out" 
Today I actually caught the "bow throw" (that blurry pink thing to the left of her) 

No comments:

Post a Comment