Friday, September 14, 2012

A Girl and Her Shoes

So, I have a bit of a confession. My name is Turner, and I hoard baby shoes. Polka dot shoes to be exact. Don't believe me?
Polka dot mary jane insanity

But how can you resist when they look.so.cute?

Really??? Die of cuteness!

 The velcro also provides lots of entertainment for Emmy. She enjoys taking them in and out of the closet and playing with them. But notice, she is barefoot 90% of the time. 
I'll be honest with you, Emmy didn't even own any shoes until she was almost one. I'm not a huge fan of shoes on babies that aren't old enough to be walking. Just looks a little odd to me, so she wore "shoe socks" for the good majority of her pre-shoe life. Her first pair of shoes were some Pedipeds (polka dotted, shocked?!) and she also had a pair of white sandals for the summer, but that's it. Once I started buying these mary janes, I couldn't stop. I will tell you that all except for one pair are used. Doesn't look it does it? Well, Emmy has such teeny feet, that the size she wears were probably worn on babies that weren't walking much. Either way, I got all of them at a fraction of the cost, so I consider that OKAY. :)

I think we are definitely going to need some green and blue ones now that I look at my collection... off to search E-Bay!

No comments:

Post a Comment