Thursday, September 6, 2012

One Nap!

After much hemming and hawing, I finally gave in around 15.5 months and dropped Emmy down to one nap. All moms, especially stay-at-home and work-at-home moms, can understand how devastating this can be to lose that "free" time. Ha, yeah, what free time?!

I knew Emmy was more than ready to be on just one nap a day schedule, as it would take her a long time to fall asleep for morning nap and she just wasn't sleeping much during either of them. I probably could have kept her on two for a bit longer, but I was ready to just bite the bullet and get it done.

It wasn't too hard keeping her awake until noon, but she would get quite a bit ornery by that time. By the time we had an early lunch and I'd get her down, she would pass right out, which in the past was abnormal. It used to take a good 30 minutes or so before she'd wind down.

The transition has gone pretty well. She will typically sleep at least 2 hours, although there have been a few days of only 1 hr and 15 minutes or 1.5 hours where I've wanted to pull my hair out. I love being with my daughter, but we both need that middle of the day break.

No matter what, I put her down and leave her in her crib for at least 2 hours. There has been a couple of naps that have even lasted 3 hours. Those days are glooorrrrrrrrious.

Yay naps!


No comments:

Post a Comment