We went to the doctor last Thursday for our 20 week appointment and the BIG NEWS. It was a great appointment filled with laughter and tears. We are so happy that baby Aycock got a good checkup and is developing well and looks healthy. The baby was in breech position face down, so that explains why I haven't felt much movement. The doctor said it'd be moving and turning all around during the next 20 weeks and not to worry about feeling it! I am measuring about a week ahead of my due date, but the doctor's say they won't change the due date. Good thing we have spring break the week before I'm due in case baby wants to make an early appearance. If it's as impatient as I am, I'm sure it will come early!
We did get the big news on whether baby A is a boy or a girl, but we are keeping the news a secret until Christmas to share with our parents. This is driving most everyone we know crazy, but it was our choice so we are sticking with it. We are starting to work on names for the baby which is harder than I thought it'd be. A name is such a big part of a person and we want to make sure to give it something strong and unique. I don't think we'll rush to name it unless the "perfect" name just comes to us.
At 20 weeks, the weirdest thing for my husband is not my growing belly, but my belly button that is now beginning to be an outie. It's not too gross yet, but it definitely creeps Rob out. He says I'm going to have to cover it up. Ha!
So, all in all, I feel great, baby is healthy and we are both growing at rapid rates. I'm not ashamed to say that I've gained about 12 pounds so far. My hunger hasn't really gotten too bad yet, but I know it will in the coming weeks.
Thanks to CMJW for the 20 week bump picture at her Christmas party this past weekend. What a great holiday season!
No comments:
Post a Comment