Greetings! I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going now. I am losing track of the weeks. This is exciting and nerve-wracking as we have yet to register for baby items or get the nursery ready. It is Christmas time which is such a busy time of year anyway. We decided to enjoy the holidays with our families and then once January hits, it'll be baby mode. We will go register, order the nursery furniture, clean out the nursery and get it ready, schedule baby showers, etc etc. I just have a worried feeling that come January, everything is going to fly by and next thing we know, we'll have a newborn. AHHH!!
Enough about me, on to the baby....
At 21 weeks, the baby is now kicking me during the day and night. It started last week with a few strong jabs and even a feeling of it "rolling" around (Super weird!) I like the feeling now, but I have to say it kind of freaked me out at first and felt awkward. Now I can't get enough!
It weighs 3/4 of a pound and is the length of a carrot. I haven't really noticed a "pattern" to when the baby moves, but typically I don't feel it much at school because I am up moving around constantly or fussing at kids. It'll kick me every once in a while probably to tell me to quit yelling at the children! I feel it at night when I am going to bed and sometimes it'll even wake me up. (or do I wake up to pee anyway and then feel it... chicken or the egg... )
The kicks have already been strong enough for Rob to feel them. I knew they felt strong to me, but I had no idea he would already be able to feel. It normally kicks 2 or 3 times in a row, so I grabbed his hand this weekend (Rob doesn't like me to do this) and stuck it on my belly. I didn't tell him when it kicked just to see if he could really feel it and next thing I knew, his eyes lit up. He had felt it! And then his eyes got wide again. He felt all 3 "thumps" in a row. I know as the kicks and punches get stronger, he'll feel them even more. I can't wait till I see a foot going across my belly... weird.
So far, I really couldn't have asked for a better pregnancy. It has been completely smooth sailing, I never got morning sickness and I appear to be progressing well. The only big complaint was how tired I was/am and that is getting better now. I know this is a "great" time of the pregnancy because I am not too big yet and things aren't too uncomfortable. I am going to really try to soak in this time. I worry about future children, if God blesses us with them, because what if the pregnancy isn't as wonderful as this one? I may be one and done!
I am so thankful for this baby and that God chose Rob and I to be it's parents. I pray that the pregnancy continues to go along without any problems and that come April we'll have a wonderful healthy baby....................(nope, no hints yet)
PS: This is the coldest week we've had this winter. 13 degrees tonight. BRRRRR!!
No comments:
Post a Comment