Let's get one thing straight, I LOVE food. I love to eat and normally would eat anytime. If we are going on trips, I plan a lot of activities around eating. I just enjoy it.
When I got pregnant, I was thrilled that I'd finally get to indulge my love of food and not have to feel as guilty. The weekend before I found out I was pregnant, I had two nights in a row of late night Taco Bell runs. The first trimester I ate and ate and ate. I was starving all the time.
But then, all of a sudden, the baby started growing and my appetite totally disappeared. Is it because the baby is taking up all that room? I expect to wake up starving in the mornings and be excited to eat all day, but now that I only have about 4 weeks left in my second trimester, I'm not hungry at all. It's quite frustrating, especially when Rob asks me what I want to eat and I just have no preference because I am not hungry. Now, once we get to a restaurant, I order and manage to eat plenty, but I have no initial hungry feeling.
Ok, enough of this ridiculous post, but it has just made me wonder what's wrong with me. Aren't I supposed to be starving and eating 8 meals a day? Or will this come as I get into my third trimester? I WANT TO WANT TO EAT!
3rd trimester my friend. I'm betting that desire will come right back to you! :)
ReplyDelete