I know everyone says that the not-so-great sleep during pregnancy is just preparing you for life with a newborn. I think this is a crock of ... I NEED all the sleep I can get to prepare for this baby and if I can't sleep, then my husband shouldn't be able to sleep either! ;)
Anyhow, last night was by far the WORST night of sleep I have had since pregnancy started. Things had gotten better for a while, but last night was tossing and turning and staring at the clock watching each hour tick by as I laid there. I remember having one dream though, so I guess I might have fallen asleep for a few minutes, but none of that good deep REM sleep. Luckily, with all that I have going on this week and right now in my life I am running on some pretty good adrenaline and Starbuck's hot chocolate.
I don't really know why I couldn't sleep. I tend to have trouble on Sunday nights. I think its all the rest I get on the weekends that I don't get during the week. By tonight I'll be exhausted and *hopefully* sleep great. My mind was racing with thoughts of our class Christmas party, Secret Santa gifts, family Christmas gifts, traveling for the holidays, thinking over my to-do list...etc...etc... Plus, baby Aycock decided it was going to be EXTREMELY active last night and kick and punch and scoot around. (Most likely because Mommy was flipping from side to side)
All in all, its 9 am and I am not too tired, but I know once the afternoon hits I'll be dragging. Thankfully my doctor told me I could have some caffeine each day, so I will be indulging in my coke at lunch!
Happy 22 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment