Friday, September 23, 2011

Rain, rain, go away... or don't...

The last few days have been quite rainy. I guess the start of Fall started out as a monsoon, but that's okay because I have been spending time indoors fall cleaning and playing with my sweet Emmeline. This morning I had just got the baby down for her morning nap, poured a cup of coffee and sat down when the bottom fell out. It was raining so hard that I thought our house may float away! I sat there on the couch with my cup of coffee and everything was silent except for the rain pouding on our roof. I sat there in silence and all of sudden felt so much peace and calm come over me. (Maybe it was just the coffee coursing through my veins, but whatever.) For the first time in a long time I felt like I was doing the right thing. Life has had so many ups and downs lately, but I feel lucky to be able to experience those ups and downs with my gracious husband by my side and a healthy baby girl in my arms. I really did feel the Lord this morning. He was with me and telling me that everything is going to be okay. Life is good.

I am currently reading Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado for our lifegroup class at church. This book is great and is really hitting home right now. Being somewhat of a stay-at-home mom now, I am constantly questioning myself and wondering if I'm "living in my sweet spot". Am I doing what God wants me to do? Some days I wonder if I am supposed to be doing something else... and then I see Emmeline smile at me and I know I'm in the right place.

"God is working in you to help you want to do and be able to do what pleases Him." -Philippians 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment