Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rice Cereal... yum?

At Emmeline's 4 month check-up, the doctor gave us the go ahead to try some rice cereal. I was excited for this, but honestly had no clue when or how to feed it to her. Of course, we made a big ordeal out of it and took plenty of pictures. She was not thrilled with the rice cereal. She made a pretty yucky face everytime the spoon went in her mouth. More than anything, she just wanted to grab the spoon and chew on it, but unfortunately, would have to taste the rice cereal in order to chew on the spoon! I took about a week or so off from the rice cereal because bottles seemed to be filling her up plenty and she just wasn't too interested in it. Lately, I've been giving her a couple spoonfuls of it after her "supper bottle" in the early evening. She still makes the "ick" face. I am thinking she will like fruits and veggies much more than the bland cereal. She's not even 5 months old yet, so I am not pushing the solids too much. After all, it's more practice than anything else. Enjoy the pictures of that messy girl!!!

All comfy in her bouncy seat... no idea what is about to happen!


 Are y'all crazy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment