Saturday, February 4, 2012

Emmy is 9 Months Old!

Emmeline is 9 Months old today!
January 26th, 2012
Really, 9 months old? I feel like we were just celebrating her turning 1/2 of a year. These last 3 months flew by faster than the rest of them. I guess that was due to all the busy-ness of the holidays and such. We have definitely had a lot going on and it's been fun! 
Even though teething and some tantrums have ensued a bit this month, I can honestly say that I am loving this age! Emmeline is a TRIP. Seriously, she has such a funny little personality. I love being able to spend my days watching her grow and learn. 

I am better with just doing bullet points lately because it's hard to form a complete thought sometimes, so here we go:

Emmeline is...

-loving her Johnny Jump-Up that Berkley passed down to her. It's hanging in a doorframe in our living room and she loves to jump, point at things, babble and squeal (and occasionally watch TV... ha) 
-not as interested in her exersaucer, but I find that if I need to put her in it while I cook, that I can give her a spatula or something she really isn't supposed to have and she'll be content for a good 45 minutes to an hour sometimes. (Depends on what I'm cooking, ha!) If all else fails, a little mommy-booty shaking makes her laugh
-not crawling yet. This is one thing I am kind of glad about. She has her own way of getting around by scooting, rolling, and pulling herself with her arms, but she is basically in the same place I left her if I need to sit her down somewhere for a couple minutes.
-babbling a LOT. She says dadadadada, bababababa, blabla, some fffff and lllll sounds too. Every once in a while a mama will come out, but not a lot. 
-very smart (duh) she can point to things we ask her about and mainly just points at everything now and says "dat" that?
-likes to stand up and play with her music table and various push/walker toys
-a good eater. Still eating 3 times a day. I've given her some finger foods and she is getting more adept everyday at picking up the pieces and putting them in her mouth 
-so sweet to her baby Stella doll that we gave her for Christmas. I often notice her playing around with her on the floor and she can give her kisses on demand. 
-fiesty. She can throw her back out and throw a fit with the best of 'em. I've started learning to ignore them. She doesn't know any better ( I guess ) and I understand she would much rather be on the floor playing than being strapped into her highchair, car seat, or having her diaper changed. But lawsy me, she thinks those are the worst things EVER. 
-still sleeping great. Really, can't complain at all about that one. May not be able to have more children for fear of them not being as good as her.
-making little kissy sounds/lip smacking and will mock us if we do it to her first. So cute.
And for posterity sake, here is our "normal" daily routine:
Emmy wakes anywhere between 7 and 7:30, although lately she's been wetting through her diapers and waking up more between 6:30 and 7:00
7:00 bottle
8:00 breakfast- normally oatmeal and fruit, lately I've been giving her bites of bagel too. She loves them!
Anywhere between 9 and 9:30 she goes down for a nap, depending on what time she woke up and how her mood is. She will sleep an hour minimum, sometimes 1.5 hours, rarely 2 hours in the morning unless very tired
11:00 bottle
Noon- Lunch, normally a fruit/veggie combo pack
Anywhere between 1:00 and 1:30 goes down for nap. Again, just depends on her mood and how much she slept in the morning
Between 3 and 3:30 bottle
Between 4:30 and 5:00 supper- normally a veggie, fruit, and rice cereal
6:30 bath time- She loves the bath most nights. She's been having a bath in her inflatable duck tub that sits in our whirlpool, but lately, she's been trying to jump out of it, so we may just start bathing in the big tub.
7:00 bottle and bed
(Obviously in between all that eating and sleeping is play time!)
Emmy had a great 9 month check-up with Dr. Jedlica. She weighed in at 17 lbs 9 ounces which was up a couple pounds since her 6 month check-up, but she is still a little peanut! She was about 26 inches long. I was thankful for no shots at this appointment. All she had was a little toe prick to check iron levels. She didn't even notice it. (Iron levels looked great!) I didn't have too many nagging questions for the doc this go 'round. ( I know she was glad, ha! ) I figured I would have a ton at the 1 year appt. She wasn't concerned about Emmy not crawling yet, as baby's are really all so different and they haven't changed the milestones chart since people started putting babies to sleep on their backs.
Dear Emmeline,
We can't believe we are getting closer to your first birthday! Wow, it went by so fast! You are growing and learning new things every day. Some mornings, we get you out of your crib and you just look bigger/older than you did the day before. You bring so much joy to our lives. Even if we are having a hard day/rough time, just seeing you smile helps put all our "worries" aside. You are so important to us. We would do anything for you! I hope you always feel safe and loved. Thank you for letting us love you!!!
Love,
Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment