Sunday, February 26, 2012

Emmy and Brinkley

I have a confession. Emmy loooooooooves our doggie, Brinkley. He is a sweet, sweet old golden retriever. He mainly just lays around the house all day while I dote on Emmeline. Early on, we'd forget to feed him and let him out. We were busy and he got a little left out. (ok, a LOT left out) Luckily, he still loves us and he LOVES Emmy, even though she clearly takes away attention from him.

Brinkley wants to play with Emmy so badly, but he is a DIRTY smelly dog and I am somewhat of a germaphobe. When she is jumping in her Johnny Jump-Up, he'll often go over and sniff her and she'll squeal. She LOVES it. Other than that though, I have really not let her touch or play with him too much. (Rob, on the other hand, does.)

But this morning, Brinkley came over and layed by Emmy while she was playing and she started laughing and squealing SO loud, that I just left them alone to play. Who am I to disrupt her joy? Anyhoo, she loved reaching out and swatting him in the face and petting him on his paw. I quickly grabbed my camera to try and capture the excitement. She even tried to hand him her toys to play with. So sweet.

(Edited to add: after I finished snapping a few pics, I noticed E had a large fur ball hanging out of her mouth. SICK. Hence, the reason I don't like her to play with him.)

Brinkley seriously contemplating stealing E's block...
 Can I please pet you?
 He's soft, Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment