Thursday, February 16, 2012

Emmy's First Wake Forest B-Ball game

Last Saturday we took Emmeline to her very first Wake Forest basketball game. To say I was excited was an understatement. Rob and I grew up going to WFU games (our Dad's have seats one behind the other) and we were excited to be able to share this with Emmy.

We all know Emmy is on a "schedule" and we're not ones to really throw her off of it too much because let's be honest, a screaming baby at a basketball game sounds AWESOME. Most of the games were either at night or at 1pm (nap time!), so when I saw that there was a 4pm game, I jumped all over it. (and more importantly, Rob didn't have any games at HPU that day, score!)

We headed over to Winston and got to the arena just as the introductions were starting. It was freeeeeeeezing and guess who forgot Emmy's coat? Yep, mom of the year over here. Seriously though, she's maybe had to wear a coat 10 times this winter. It's been so warm! (or we haven't left the house) Anyhoo, we started walking down to our seats as the players for Wake were being introduced. This means that it was dark, LOUD, and the motorcycle was revving up. I looked at Emmy's face as Rob was carrying her. She didn't cry, but looked TERRIFIED. (Understandably.) We got to our seats and immediately started passing Emmy up and down the rows of our parent's friends. Everyone was excited to see us her. I guess we all figured that if we had to watch the current state of Wake Forest basketball, at least there be a cute baby to look at. And it's true, the game was pretty much terrible, but Emmy did great and we even stayed the whole time. Past that, we then went out for a quick dinner in Winston before heading home and she did great there too.

Going to the basketball game was much different than in the past, sans baby. (Duh.) Of course she pooped and I had to get out of the middle of our row and up to the bathroom and use the changing table in there. Gross. She didn't like it too much either. I thought she was going to jump off. I wanted a drink, but I was carrying her and all her stuff. So much for that. I couldn't get in our row and to our seats without knocking all the people out with either the baby or diaper bag, so I'd just pass her down and then walk into the row myself. I hardly paid attention to the game, not because I couldn't, but just because I was more focused on her.

All in all, we had a wonderful time and I'm excited for her to grow up around college sports. She really has no choice in the matter!

Emmy and Grandpa Ben... love that Deacon bib from her godparents!! :)
 Looking at her Gradma Susan and snacking on her bibby.
 Priceless photo. Daddy's girl.
 Look who we got to meet! Sweet Blake is several weeks older than Emmy and so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment