Monday, September 6, 2010

Finding out you're pregnant

I will never forget the day I found out I was going to be a Momma. Don't let me mislead you, it was not a "surprise", but it is still a shock to your system. Rob and I had just decided to give it a whirl and a couple months later, here we are!

It all started the first weekend in August. We were heading down to Atlantic Beach to celebrate Rob's cousin, Frank's, wedding. Because I knew it would be quite a party weekend, I decided to take a test on Friday afternoon just to be sure and it was negative. Whew! We had a great time at the beach that weekend, but for some reason I was starving all. the. time. Rob had to take me to Taco Bell both nights for a midnight snack. Strange. We get home Sunday and I am beyond exhausted. I think I went to bed at 9 oclock.... only to wake up Monday morning and cannot get out of bed. Thank the LORD it was still summer and I could relax. I layed around until 10 and finally got my butt moving to the gym. When I got home from the gym, I showered and got BACK in the bed for an hour. Don't get me wrong, I love to sleep, but not that much.

There were many random signs those few days... extremely tired, cranky, and just felt weird. I went to Starbucks on Tuesday morning to get my favorite Hazelnut latte and could barely drink half of it. Ok, something is UP!

Come Wednesday morning and I am still exhausted. I knew I was expecting my monthly visitor (TMI, sorry) any day, so I figured ... "Well, I have 2 more pregnancy tests from the pack I bought for the weekend, let's just see" I had fully prepared myself that it would be negative. BOY WAS I WRONG. I could barely set the test down on the sink (you are supposed to wait a couple minutes to read it) when I saw 2 pink lines. I very quickly ran out of my bathroom screaming... ran back into the bathroom... ran back out.... and back in. Ran downstairs, ran back upstairs. What do I do now?! This is probably a good time to also mention that Rob is out of town all day on a golf outing with Tubby Smith and it is only 10 in the morning. What was I going to do all day with this news??? I tried to calm down and get my thoughts together. I went over to HPU and bought a High Point University "Panther Cub" onesie to give to Rob that evening... boy did he have a surprise coming to him.

Fast forward to 7 oclock in the evening and Rob finally pulls in from all day golf. He was exhausted and had been drinking beer (which I didn't know), so he was all out of sorts. I was so nervous. I thought I was going to throw up. We shot the breeze for a while and once he finally went upstairs to change, I nonchalantly grabbed the gift bag and said "Oh, I picked you up a gift while I was out... I thought it looked like you..." I thought that he would know what it was, but he had no idea. He opened the onesie and his eyes got huge and I'm pretty sure his jaw really dropped, he did a little running back and forth, hugged me and that was that.

We then went to BW3's for dinner, still both in shock. It's almost a month after that day and it still doesn't quite feel real for either of us. Sure, I have been sick at times and really tired, but other than that, life is going on as "normal". We couldn't be happier and hope to have your prayers and support for our sanity and a healthy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment