Monday, September 6, 2010

Knock on wood...

I am hoping this post won't come back to bite me in my butt, but so far in my pregnancy I have felt very good. I am 7 weeks along and could hardly tell anything is different most hours of the day. I have had some trouble with nausea and not wanting to eat certain foods, but I haven't had any throwing up (yet). I have been really tired at times, but luckily it was still summer for a couple weeks after I found out so I was able to nap. One thing that has started in the past 2 days is having a bitter/metallic taste in my mouth 24/7. It is really gross. I can't drink enough water and I've been sucking on candies or gum to try and help. I googled and found out this is pretty normal and has something to do with hormones. Surprise! But really, if this is as bad as it gets then I will be so happy. I have heard friends who are pregnant tell me they were sick for 9 months or that they've been vomitting for weeks and I've prayed to my God to please don't let me go through this. Let me be that 1/4 of women that don't experience all the "morning" (all day) sickness. I work with 5 year olds and get up at 5 a.m. every day. I don't have time to be sick. I can't just leave my classroom every hour to go throw up. Working with my kids wears me out anyway, being sick on top of it would not be good. I am hoping God will continue to give me what I can handle with this pregnancy and he knows I am a huge baby that needs sleep and to feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment