Friday, September 17, 2010

First Doctor's Appointment

Yesterday we had our very first prenatal appointment. It was quite exciting! I was at the doctor a few weeks ago with an infection and they told me that would probably just take blood, have me pee in a cup, and ask a lot of questions. They said they probably wouldn't do an ultrasound until 12 weeks. This had me a little sad, but it was fine.

I was so excited/nervous all day at school, but luckily, God sent me a nice day with the kids where they were relatively good. I headed out right after school to meet Rob and head to the doctor. I think he was almost as nervous as I was.

Because we haven't lived in HP very long, I didn't have a OBGYN. I asked around and found one that many girls use that has 5 doctors. I decided it was my best bet and it is literally 3 minutes from our house.

We arrived at 4 and I signed in. I immediately starting laughing to see another pregnant girl I know had signed in a few people ahead of me. This person doesn't know I'm pregnant, but was already back with the doctors, so we didn't see each other. We headed back, they weighed me, asked questions, I peed in a cup, got a goodie bag full of stuff and information and some new pre-natal vitamins. YUM. It was then the nurse told me they would get me in for an ultrasound. YAY. I tried to act calm, but I was so excited/nervous. A nice lady took my blood and then we sat and waited and waited and waited... it got to be 5:30 or so and we still hadn't had the ultrasound. (There was some girl there having issues and they only have one ultrasound room) We tried to be patient and finally it was our turn... at about 6 oclock when everyone was gone except for us, the doctor and nurse.

The ultrasound was AWESOME. She found the baby and the heartbeat for us. He is a little blob, but you can kinda see his head. The heartbeat flickered, the doctor did some measuring, checked my ovaries and other various things and Rob and I just stood in amazement. I didn't really know how to react. I was thrilled to see there was a baby and that it had a beating heart, but other than that, it was just a little peanut. I may have shed one tear or two :) I think at the next ultrasound it'll look more like a baby which will be exciting and I am very eager to hear the heartbeat! We talked with the doctor for a while and she let us know what we'd be doing at the next appointments.

We went straight from the appt to dinner (because it was late, remember?) We got 2 little pictures of our peanut and stared at them all night. (Well, I did at least) We sent pictures of the pictures to our parents and the close friends that know about the pregnancy. Everyone was thrilled, to say the least.

Today I told my principal and a few other teachers, but am waiting to announce to the whole staff when we are together for a meeting on Tuesday... more on that later.

Rob is gone to Knoxville, TN this weekend with Stephen Willis so I am just enjoying my time relaxing and will hopefully get some schoolwork and house work done (All while taking a few sneak peeks at our precious miracle!)

GOD IS SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment