Monday, January 3, 2011

It's a Girl!

After what seemed like an eternity, we finally "let the cat out of the bag" on Christmas Day to our family and friends that we are expecting baby GIRL Aycock. Everyone is very excited and I am thankful not to have to call her an "it" anymore.

Rob and I feel so blessed to have this sweet girl coming in just a few months. There is definitely going to be some pink around the Aycock house. She already has more outfits than I do, so I have decided to quit buying her anymore clothes until she is here. I think I have been smart in only buying her things that are 6-12 months, as I know she will just be in onesies all summer. Hopefully we will receive some 0-3 months clothes at showers to put her in.

It took about 2 weeks to figure out her name. We knew that we both liked Emmeline for her first name. Emmeline is actually MY first name, but I've never gone by it and have always loved it. My Dad often calls me Emmeline or Emmy, but no one else does. We struggled with the middle name the most. We looked through family trees and found names we liked, but none of them were that significant to us. We finally decided on Leila (Lee-La) which was Rob's grandmother's name. (Ben's mother) Rob spent a lot of time growing up with her and they even lived together for some time. She was a very special lady, I'm sure. I'm sad that I wasn't around yet to meet her. We revealed the name to both sets of parents and everyone was very excited/emotional about the news. Emmeline Leila Aycock. (That's a lot of e's and l's!)

As far as "The Big Reveal" goes, I was so lucky to receive a flip video cam from Rob for Christmas, so I got my parents reaction on video and will do a whole post on that and include the video.

We go for our 24 week doctor's visit today. I have been having some issues lately, so I am hoping to clear any of them up with the doctor and get some peace of mind. My next visit will be in 2 to 4 weeks for my glucose test and then I will start going every 2 weeks and then every week. BUSY!

Glad the New Year is here, but feel like we have A LOT to do to get ready for baby Emmeline!

No comments:

Post a Comment