Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter!

I bet you were expecting obligatory pictures of Emmy in a smocked bunny dress. (Don't worry, I have some. Duh.) This post is going to be a little bit deeper than that.

This was probably one of the most meaningful Easters I have celebrated in a long time. The week leading up to Easter was full of reflection for me. Last year, Easter was much later than "normal". I actually went into labor with Emmy on Easter Monday, so I always consider her an Easter baby. (Sidenote, in 1984, I was born on Easter Sunday.) This year, I compared everything to last year.

We took Emmy to church on Palm Sunday this year. Last year on Palm Sunday, Rob and I officially joined our church and I looked like this... I was large and in charge, and unknowingly carrying what was going to be an almost 10 lb baby!

I wish I had snapped a picture of us this year on Palm Sunday, but alas, I didn't. It was a very special church service being Palm Sunday and it was our Pastor's tenth anniversary at the church. 

As Easter continued making it's approach, I was constantly thinking about Jesus and the sacrifice that was made for us. I couldn't imagine what everyone in the Bible must have been feeling during those times. I don't know why I took it all so personally, but I did. I don't claim to know much about Jesus and the bible at all. Ask Rob or Courtney what my favorite bible story is. I have spent a lot of this year trying to learn more, but not overwhelm myself with it. Poor Rob had to bear with me this year as I asked him lots of questions about the Resurrection. 

I know Easter is an extremely joyful time, but those days leading up to it were sad for me. Maybe sad isn't the right word... serious? contemplative? I prayed a lot for my family, for Emmy. I want her to grow up knowing more about Jesus than I did/do. I want her to know how much He loves her and that ultimate sacrifice that was made for us so that we can have eternal life. 

1 comment:

  1. this makes me cry...seriously...typing through tears. I'm so excited for your faith journey- and emmy's. don't you worry- emmy will absolutely know Christ's love for her. you show her every day. (and I'll make sure she has a favorite bible story!) :)

    ReplyDelete