Monday, April 2, 2012

Emmy is 11 Months Old! (AKA: I am not ready for your first birthday...)

Emmy is 11 Months Old Today!
March 26th, 2012
Denial... it ain't just a river in Egypt. I am having some trouble a total nervous breakdown about the fact that your birthday is next month. Next month!! Your birthday?! WHAT? I was just pregnant. I just had you like 10 seconds ago, and now you are this mobile, communicative, darling sweet girl. GIRL. Not a baby, a little girl. I.can.hardly.stand.it. BUT, I love it. I love every day with you. You make my life so meaningful and more fun. Yes, it is stressful and there are hard days and times, but overall, you are the bomb.com.

You are all over the place this month. You are good at crawling now and fast, but your main mode of transportation (on our wood floors, at least) is a sitting up with one leg behind you scooting thing. You will just plant your hands in front of you and pull yourself around. I figure the wood floors hurt your knees. You do a more normal crawl on the carpet and rugs. I am proud that you are mobile, but it does take some adjusting on our part. We've done some baby-proofing and I typically have to follow you around all day. If I am in the living room trying to do something, you want to be in your room playing, and vice versa.

You are such a talker. Non-stop. From the time I walk in your room in the morning until you finally fall asleep at night. It is adorable. Your favorite "phrase" is "dat?" or "uh dat?" still and you say it repeatedly over and over while pointing at various things. You have such a cute inflection in your voice like you are asking us a question. I will promptly tell you what that is. (A light!) and you will just look at me, point at it again and say "Dat?" Your favorite things to point at and "talk" about are: ceiling fans, light fixtures, and balloons. (You are obsessed!)

You have learned how to wave this month and it's so cute. You also say "bye", but you don't actually say the word or make those sounds (even though you can), but you just say "uh". I know you are saying bye though because every time you wave, you make that same funny noise. I love it. I'm sure you'll figure it out one day.
(and yes, that is a huge bump/bruise on your forehead)

Your favorite things to do are:
-play with tupperware/kitchen utensils on the kitchen floor
-open and close doors (I'm waiting for the day when you pinch your fingers)
-pull books from your bookshelves and also flip through them
-stand up in your crib and chew on the railings like a beaver
-chase after the dog, pet the dog, laugh at the dog
-drag your Stella doll or your duck stuffed animal around the house
-play with balls - you love them; your Dad is excited
-push dining room chairs around the floor

You are still sleeping great at night, but we may have to invest in some blackout blinds or curtains for your room. There are regular blinds in there, but you won't go to sleep until it's dark. You just play in your crib for a while, which is fine. You take two naps still, but you like to play a while before finally conking out. That's fine too, at least you are resting. You eat 3 meals a day and still take 4 bottles. We've been working on that sippy cup with formula, but you do NOT want to drink the formula out of it. Oh well. You'll get it. You do really well with finger foods and especially love macaroni and cheese. YUM! You just started doing something cute where you'll pick up food and offer it to me by holding your hand out. I made the mistake of eating it one time, so now you do it often. 

Dear Emmy,
Our sweet little baby... you are turning into such a BIG GIRL! We can't believe in one short month you will be one year old. Where did the time go? We are all proud that we survived the first year. As everyone always says, it does just keep on getting better. You amaze us everyday.
Love, Mommy and Daddy


No comments:

Post a Comment