I've been having a good time remembering annoying Rob with details of what we were doing "on this day last year". I'm so thankful for this little scrapbook of a blog. I love that I can click to last April and instantly be thrown back into the emotions I was feeling at that time.
April 25th, 2011. That was her due date. I went into labor that night around suppertime and she was born the next morning. (After a long, long awful night.) I don't know if I can even go back and read her "birth story" tomorrow. I think I want to just celebrate her birth, and not have to re-live the details. HA. But I am having fun re-reading the days leading up to her birth... including, jumping on the trampoline and mowing the grass at the Willis's... how we ate lunch on the 25th at Tokyo Express and I could.not.fit in the booth. Literally. How we were lazily watching someone on Maury be told "You are NOT the father." when my water broke. How I texted Courtney on the painful 3 minute drive to the hospital and told her "I think I'm having the baby" and after she responded "Why?", I told her "Because my water broke and we are on the way to the hospital." HA. I am so thankful for these and many other memories and love that they are documented here forever.
If you are so inclined to take the time-trip with me, you can read about what we did on the days leading up to Emmeline's birth here


No comments:
Post a Comment