Friday, November 12, 2010

Maternity clothes can be cute, I guess...

As my mid-section and chest section and behind are expanding by the day, I have noticed that my old clothes, even if I can still fit into them, just aren't looking too flattering anymore. My shirts are too short and too tight and I can't button my pants. (Took care of that week 11 with my maternity jeans) Up until Thursday I had bought a couple pairs of maternity jeans, pair of maternity corduroys, and just a few tops. The rest of the maternity clothes were hand-me-downs. It was always sad to go pick out my clothes at night (yes I do it the night before so I don't have a nervous breakdown getting dressed at 530 in the morning) The clothes always looked fine, but they weren't too cute and I didn't have much variety.

Rob, of course, was tired of hearing me complain about all of the above and I think he even offered once to go shopping for maternity clothes with me, but that was the last thing I wanted to get into with him. :) Luckily, my mom had offered to take me on a shopping trip like she used to do when I was a little girl and buy me some things since I was getting fat. (After she has already told me not to get fat while pregnant, thanks Mom!)

Thursday I left my house bright and early for Durham. I was beyond excited. I picked up a sausage biscuit and fries from Biscuitville (maybe the baby is not the only thing to blame for my expanding butt) :) and headed down I-40 to Southpoint Mall.

We met at Nordstrom and I told her we must look at shoes or something "normal" because it was sad to think that all I got to buy that day was pregnancy clothes. I got a pair of brown shoes for work and a bright purple pair of Nike's to sport at HPU games. They're pretty sweet. We took a few minutes to look at the baby clothes, but that just isn't much fun yet since we don't know who this sweet baby is inside me and the unisex clothes just aren't as cute... I digress...

I told my Mom that the GAP had a maternity section and we went there first. JACKPOT. There stuff is AWESOME. They really had everything I needed... some pants for work, tops, sweaters, tee shirts, etc. I think I tried on everything they had in the section and ended up with a good amount of stuff. We opened a GAP card to save a bunch of money on it, so that was nice. As excited as I was after this purchase, I was still depressed that all of this was just maternity wear and nothing I could wear forever, so we made sure to go to Ann Taylor Loft and a couple of other stores and look for "regular" clothes that were "shaped" for my growing belly. I found a great sweater coat that the last button is right above my belly so it just kinda pokes out and then another sweater that is open in the front and ties at my neck... again, so my belly could hang out. These things made me feel a little better because I knew I could wear them again (but will I really want to after I spend so much time *fat* in this them this winter?)

Ok, hopefully, you aren't too tired of hearing about ME in this post and not the baby. (note previous post) but sometimes things have to be about us, right pregnant ladies?

I am currently 16 weeks 5 days according to dates, but according to measurments by the doctor, more like 17 weeks 2 days. Grow baby, grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment