When you are pregnant, your life ceases to be about you in many ways. First of all, your body is being totally taken over and transformed by another human being. You don't feel the same, look the same, act the same. You have to watch what you eat and drink and the activities you participate in... no bungy jumping for me anytime soon.
Nothing is about me or whats going on in my life anymore because obviously, when you are pregnant, that is the only thing going on. I guess it gives people something to talk to you about, but the first things out of anyones mouth is always "How are you feeling?" "Are you so excited?" "You look great!" And I am not saying this is wrong or bad, as I do this to every other pregnant woman and everyone knows before I was pregnant that I all I ever talked to women about was their babies or being pregnant.
Honestly, I guess there isn't much else that exciting going on in my life right now besides this baby and I do like to talk about it. And I know it doesn't really change once the baby is born. We were at dinner party with some folks who had their 1 month old baby with them and of course the baby gets passesd around and oohed and ahhed over and all you talk to their parents about is the baby because that's all they want to talk about, right? HA. Funny how life changes.
I guess we're just getting old.
No comments:
Post a Comment