Saturday, May 7, 2011

Emmeline's First Trip to the Fire Station!

Last week my mom and I decided it was time to take Emmy on her first field trip to the fire station. Actually, I was just paranoid about our child safety seat/base being installed right and wanted the firemen to check it. Rob had put it in and it appeared to be done well, but now that I am a mom, I feel like nothing is safe enough for my little sweet girl, especially stuff the 2 of us put together.

The HP Fire station only does safety checks once a month, so I found that in Kernersville they will do it whenever. So we loaded up the car and Emmeline slept the 20 minute drive. I was very nervous about this, as I am nervous about just about everything right now with a newborn, but was soooo relieved when we got there.

The firemen were extremely nice and almost seemed excited to spend this time with us. (Granted, they were just washing trucks and mowing the grass, probably pretty bored!) Two men in particular helped us out and couldn't be more knowledgeable about what they were doing and did a great job of explaining the process to me and having me understand how everything worked.

This reminded me of the scene in Lion King where they hold up the baby lion. Emmeline was in that car seat, remember, she was asleep and we were not taking her out!

Even though I still hate putting her in her carseat for some reason, I feel slightly safer about it :) And Rob was happy to know that the fireman told me to tell him he had done a good job the first time when installing the base, we just had to make a few adjustments. ;)

Emmeline and her new fireman friend checking her out. He loved that sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment