Sunday, May 8, 2011

First Mother's Day

Shortly after I became a momma it was already Mother's Day. Rob made sure he knew this before I gave birth and already had a card and gift ready for me. Courtney also double checked with me to make sure he knew it was Mother's Day. Emmeline was only a couple weeks old and we were still in quite a haze.



I woke up that morning to Rob going to McDonald's to get me breakfast. YUMMY. He brought it up to me in bed on a tray with 2 envelopes on the tray. I ate breakfast in bed with Rob and sweet Emmeline. I told him that was gift enough!


Emmeline and her daddy got me a sweet card. She was quite thoughtful at a young age. I was also lucky enough to receive a gift card for a manicure and pedicure. I had gotten a couple before I gave birth and had really grown quite fond of the pampering and I knew after having a baby that I'd probably never go back again, but now I have a reason!


We also had a baseball game at High Point that day, Gramma Susan was stopping through town, AND Emmeline's Great Aunt Minta and Great Uncle Frank were stopping by the house, so we were super busy. We had a good time getting out of the house on a beautiful day and were happy to have visitors.


Rob was kind enough to snap some pictures of Emmeline and I on our first Mother's Day together. I had actually showered and gotten halfway decent looking so it was a big deal!






No comments:

Post a Comment