Monday, May 2, 2011

First doctor's appointment!

On Monday, May 2nd, we had Emmeline's first doctor's appointment. I am not going to lie that I was nervous, not necessarily for the doctor, but just for leaving the house with her. We decided to do a test run the night before and just take her out in the car and go get milkshakes at Cookout. (Glad to say I finally know how to use the car seat!) Is it bad that it scares me to death to leave the house with her?


Everything at the doctor was great! Her weight had dropped down to 9 lbs 3 ounces. (Still a chunk!) The doctor answered all of my "silly" questions and made sure I knew that none of them were silly and that I needed to ask him anything I thought of. I really liked the doctor and the practice seemed nice and cheerful.

Of course she spit up all over herself when getting weighed and measured and then when we changed her diaper before leaving she peed all over the exam table. Not a bad place to pee I guess!

We will go back June 1st for her 5 week check-up. Ahhhh, I can't even think about what she'll be like by then. She is growing up so fast. In just one week I see so much of a difference in the way she looks and and acts. She is such a great baby and is sleeping well and eating great. I feel very thankful for this sweet baby that God has blessed us with!

No comments:

Post a Comment