Dear Emmeline,
Today you turned one month old. I don't know if it was the excitement of this or just that you are so precious in general, but I had my favorite day yet with you. It was like you turned one month old and all of a sudden "woke up" and were alert and fun when you were awake. Not much fussing at all. You laid in your crib a fussed for a minute and I walked in and you smiled. This is my favorite thing about you now -- you are already smiling and even LAUGHING. It cracks us up. You are just so grown up all of a sudden I can hardly stand it. I feel like you are a big girl now. You look at me and know who I am and just stare in my eyes and I absolutely melt. The first few weeks of your life are totally worth it now to just look at you and smile. I loved you since you were in my tummy, but this week I have finally "gotten it". I have fallen head over heels in love with you and am totally overwhelmed by it all of a sudden. It's a love I can't explain. It may have taken me a month to really feel it, but I feel it now, STRONGLY.
At one month old...
You weigh 10 lbs 3 oz. You are your daddy's "chunky monkey".
You are in 0-3 month clothes.
You still LOVE your jungle play mat.
We put you in your swing and bouncy seat sometimes when we need a few minutes, but not much.
You still sleep in our room at night, but in your crib during the day. Hopefully we will have you full time in your crib next week. (Honestly we just haven't hooked up the baby monitor!)
Still don't love getting in your car seat, but are fine once we hit the road.
Enjoy your bath tub. You just lay in it and stare at the window sill by the sink. Not quite sure what you are looking at, but I think you'd lay there forever.
You are a champion sleeper. You slept 7 hours in a row last night and that's only after I poked you to wake you up. I didn't want you to starve.
We still swaddle you every night and for a couple naps during the day. You have a love/hate relationship with it.
You are the light of our lives and I am starting to forget what life was like before you. I can't believe how much you've grown and changed in one month and can't believe how much I have grown and changed. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us. I love you baby girl
No comments:
Post a Comment