Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Our Little Sports Enthusiast

Because Rob works in college athletics, we are constantly at sporting events. (Or Rob is, and we like to be able to see him!) Luckily, I thoroughly enjoy most all sports. Since having Emmy, it's been harder to go to games (most weeknight basketball games were at 7pm aka bedtime) but I am trying to expose her to as much as early as possible. She went to several soccer games last fall when she was still a little nugget and now that the weather is warming up we've been to lots of baseball games, and today, our first women's lacrosse match!

The match was at noon, so I picked up lunch and we sat up on the "patio" and ate with Rob. Courtney let us borrow this nifty portable high chair, so I strapped that to the chair to give Emmy a place to sit. (She really doesn't like being in her stroller.) She sat there happily for about an hour and had puffs and played. (And of course, entertained other fans with her clapping and smiles.)

I hope that even if Emmy doesn't develop any athletic abilities, that she will at least be able to appreciate sports and all that is involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment