Snow has always been an exciting "event" in the South. Even the threat of a dusting will cause people to scurry to the store for milk and bread and shut down schools and businesses. It is FUN.
Unfortunately, after living in Northeast Ohio for a year and a half, where snow is NOT an event, but a PAIN in the BUTT, we've become a bit more jaded to the "magic" of snow.
I am not really a fan of cold weather. I like being warm and I must have sunlight to function. (No wonder I was so sad in Ohio.) But I will admit, I do still love snow now that we are back in the South. I love to watch it from INSIDE our house while drinking hot drinks and watching tv in my jammies.
On Monday morning, there was still a bit of snow left on the ground, but the sun was BLAZING bright, so it was starting to melt. I wasn't going to even take Emmy out in it (I know, I know, bad mom..) but then all the other obligatory "child in snow" facebook pictures started popping up and I figured I needed to show her the cold stuff and document it for posterity sake.
I didn't have a snow suit. The only coat Emmy owns is a fleece. I left her in her warm jammies, put on some too big boots someone gave me when I was pregnant, put on the coat, and we headed outside with our dog, Brinkley. I set her in the backyard and she just kind of looked around like I was crazy. Then, all of a sudden, I heard one of her huge chuckles as Brinkley was running in circles around the yard. I so love that big laugh, as it doesn't happen all too often. She could hardly contain the laughter as Brinkley would sprint around in the snow. Of course, I snapped pictures, but the sun was SO bright that I could hardly see what the pictures looked like. Once I got inside and we got dried off, I was stunned to see that I had captured some gorgeous pics of my sweet girl. I so cherish that sweet smile.
Not so sure about this wet coldness.
Really, what is this?!
These are from when Brinkley started running around like a crazy dog in the snow. She thought it was hilarious!
She's too cute! What a happy baby!
ReplyDelete