I love how my "ticker" at the top just says "40 weeks pregnant". It should say "Geez, isn't that baby here yet?" Well, she's not, but she's coming SOON! (She has to right.) Just wanted to document a little bit of what's been going on.
This was the longest weekend EVER. I felt like a firefighter just waiting for an alarm to go off so we could suit up and head out. But, of course, nothing. Don't let me fool you, we had a wonderful weekend, but the weekend didn't end with a baby. That's okay!
Saturday started off kind of gloomy, but turned BEAUTIFUL by the afternoon. HPU had a baseball doubleheader, so I went out for a little of the first game and then left to go get a mani/pedi. Ah, heavenly. After that, I headed home to shower and the Willis's invited us over for a cookout. YUM. I hadn't felt wonderful, but I felt good enough to go spend time with our BFFs. I showered, headed back to the ballpark for the end of the second game and then Rob and I headed to the Willis's.
All the way to Greensboro I head false contractions. The top of my stomach would get super hard, but it'd just stay that way for minutes at a time. It continued this way through the night which was annoying ,but I thought at least labor was trying to get started. We had a great time with our friends. It was a gorgeous night. We had some yummy hamburgers, talked about how much life was about to change (of course) and then played Spades. I wasn't very good at this game, but give me a break, I was having contractions every few minutes and couldn't really concentrate. I'll be much better next time! I also spent some time using the Willis's cave man lawn mower. I even bounced, not jumped, on her trampoline a couple times! Whatever it takes!
Finally I got to the point where I couldn't focus anymore and we had to go home. I kept having the contractions and thought, ok, maybe we'll go to the hospital tonight? No dice. I managed to go home and sleep and woke up the next morning feeling really sad. I know it was just my raging hormones, but I cried for a while, felt like my body was failing me and then proceeded to take a nice nap.We didn't make it to Church for Easter Sunday. I wasn't feeling great, I hadn't slept well and I really just didn't want to listen to "You're STILL here?!" "You haven't had that baby?!" I decided I could praise Him from my couch and enjoyed the beautiful morning from home.
We were invited out to lunch with the Amos family for Easter brunch at the String and Splinter club. I managed to shower, find something that KIND OF fit me to wear and we headed out. (I had to eat, right?) This was a fun time spent with friends and Rob's work friends, Bryan and Jolie. The food was also DELICIOUS. We were there a good 2 hours and I finally decided I had to leave, as I was immensely uncomfortable. We ended the lunch with the typical "Ok, next time I see you, you better be a mom" and blah blah blah.
It was another beautiful day but BLAZING HOT. I decided to keep myself busy and we dragged all our screened porch furniture onto the patio to be hosed off. Rob cleaned off the furniture and I swept out, hosed down, and scrubbed the screen porch. Its too nice of a porch not to use and it was covered in pollen, leaves, and just GROSS. It was well worth it to be able to bring Emmeline out there when she gets here and rock her.
After this manual labor, I decided I'd also go on a walk around some of the hilly parts of our neighborhood. I set off with my cell phone in case I fainted and a bottle of water. I only stayed gone 30 minutes, but walked up some pretty major hills. I told Rob I was serving her an eviction notice!
I came home, showered, and my sweet husband took me for Mexican food. Ah, the old "spicy" food trick. Spicy food is my favorite and I've eaten it constantly during my pregnancy. No help there, but dinner was yum and it very well could have been our last dinner together. We also went and got milkshakes and then sat on the couch the rest of the night watching NBA playoffs and playing Photo Hunt on the IPAD. (awesome!)
I was pretty miserable last night. She was moving around like crazy and it was starting to freak me out. I couldn't get her to settle and her movements were actually hurting me. I figured it could have been all my anxiety over the impending due date sending her some crazy messages. Rob hoped it was just her trying to find her way out. She eventually settled down and I fell asleep by 1 am.
I woke up at 230, 345, 430 and then finally at 6 and got up. I had some issues throughout the night that were leading me to believe that she really IS coming. It freaked me out a bit, but the truth is, she's on her way and soon I think! It may not be today, but soon.
Its going to be another hot day! Good day to spend in a nice air-conditioned hospital I think!
No comments:
Post a Comment