Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hot Friday night date at Babies R Us

I totally forgot to blog about this last week, but Rob and I finally made the trip together to Babies R Us to register. We had been in there a couple times just to walk around, browse and pick out her car seat, but we had yet to go with a list and "the gun" (Rob probably wished I had a real gun) So with showers coming up very soon, I decided we really needed to get in there and see what we needed.

The night started with dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. It was a cold and rainy night and we were both exhausted from work. This was my first week in my 3rd trimester and I had that horrible infection that caused me to feel less-than-stellar the entire week. I told him it wouldn't be THAT bad, as I had a list a friend sent me of good brands and items we needed, plus another list from a website. (Cue me pulling out my purse to show him...) "OH no, where are the lists?! I must have left them at school.) I thought Rob was going to fall off his chair. The next 10 minutes were spent with me trying ro remember my email password to pull up the lists in his Blackberry. We finally did and decided we would still give it a go (Edited to add that I found the lists the next day... in the glove box of my car. Whoops)

When we got to Babies R Us, we sat down with the "registry lady" and as Rob likes to put it mildy, I told her we needed no help and we didn't need her lecture. I thought this would make her feel better, because I'm sure she gets so many crazy people in there. I let Rob handle the gun, as he is still sad about not being able to do much registering for our wedding (We lived in Ohio and I came down to NC for registering with my Mom and friends)

We registered for a sleep sheep, some bottles, nipples, a breast pump (would someone really buy this for me? I doubt it!), some bibs, diapers, wipes, crib accessories, a video monitor, some fun toys and rattles... I even let Rob take the gun for a few minutes when I went to the bathroom. He registered for a stuffed basketball and some batteries. Sweet job, babe.

Because I had already done the bulk of the registering online, we really weren't there too long. And since it was 8 oclock on a Friday night, we had the store to ourselves. There is no doubt that we will be back in there again before long. My how life changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment