Emmeline is a very active baby these days... well, at night at least. I am up moving around all day and don't feel her all too often, but once I get home BAM she is all over the place. Squirmy wormy, rolling from one side of my belly to another and she has also started getting hiccups a lot more frequently. Its so pitiful and sweet all at the same time!
Where did the time go? I feel like I have been pregnant for.ev.er., but at the same time, the thought of only having 8 weeks (at the most) is crazy. Plus, this is a busy time of year with something every weekend. We're in the home stretch my friends.
Will we be ready? I know we won't ever really be *ready* but I know that we are both so excited to meet this little girl and just see her and talk to her and learn everything about this creature we made!
Will my schoolwork get done? This has stressed me out a ton during pregnancy -- planning for my maternity leave. Teaching Kindergarten is a ton of planning and prep. I can't just leave some books and worksheets for them to do. I am also a control freak and need to know that things are taken care of and under control. I am finally going to start doing my plans this weekend, but I am less stressed about it. I'll get it done and once its done, I won't have to think about it anymore.
I am more excited now than I have been lately. I am glad all the extreme anxiety and fear has waned a bit... I'm sure we'll have at least 2 more freakouts before she gets here.
People like to buy pink things for little girls. I love all the clothes we have received, but noticed that the majority of things I have bought her are not pink.
When did I get old enough to have a baby? I feel like I'm playing house.
I also don't recognize myself in the mirror. I remember thinking "What'll it be like when I am pregnant? What will I look like?" and BAM here I am.
As much as I complain and have mood swings, I have loved being pregnant and wouldn't trade my pregnancy for anybody elses.
Wishes my husband could understand the mood swings, worrying and physical ailments of being pregnant because I know I frustrate him, but he can't possibly get it, so I can't get mad. He loves me anyway :)
I wouldn't trade my husband for any other husband. He's been great these last 8 months. (long, long months he would say)
Where am I going to put all this baby stuff? I've only had one shower and its piling up. You need lots of CRAP to have a baby apparently.
What will labor be like? One of my friends had her little boy yesterday and I can't help but wonder what it'll be like when Emmy is ready to meet the world. Where will I be when labor starts? Will it be early or late? Will Rob and I freak out or be somewhat calm?
I feel so very blessed for this miracle. The closer it gets to D-day, the more excited I get. I am ready to meet the reason for all this craziness!
I love this post & you're going to be so glad you wrote down all of these thoughts! Can't wait for that sweet girl to get here in a couple of months!!
ReplyDelete