Monday, November 14, 2011

Emmeline's First Halloween 2011

Emmeline's first Halloween wasn't anything special, as she is only 6 months old. I even debated whether or not to get her a costume. I know, I know, bad momma. I hate to say it, but I just really don't like Halloween. I'm all for dressing up and candy, but it all just seems a little weird to me. It could be the fact that we live in a neighborhood that gets absolutely jam-packed with car loads of trick-or-treaters. Now, this would be just fine, if it was all cute kids dressed in costumes, but we have a large number of teenagers without costumes that just roam around and come to your door. No bueno. As Rob said, if you are out trick-or-treating with your girlfriend, then you're too old. It just really creeps me out. Ok, enough on my anti-Halloween rant.

So on actual Halloween night, Rob and I shut the house down, turned out the lights and watched the trick-or-treaters terrorize our streets while Emmeline slept. I know it will get more fun as she gets older and understands the whole trick-or-treat thing, but for her first Halloween, I think we did just fine with letting her sleep instead!

When questioning whether or not to buy E a Halloween costume, my sweet friend/former Biology teacher offered to send me her daughter's old costume to borrow. Perfect!!! I wouldn't have to drop a wad of cash on something she would only wear once. It was an adorable dragonfly costume, which was great, as I call Emmeline my "doodlebug". I actually didn't even put the costume on her until about 2 days after Halloween... because she knows the difference and all. She seemed okay with it for a minute, and then had a brief meltdown, and then was okay again.
 That face kills me... it is so sad, yet so cute... and unfortunately, just like mine when I cry.
 The puppy dog eyes. I have a feeling we will see this face a lot more as she ages.

 Over it. Especially the thing on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment