Monday, November 14, 2011

Exersaucer Time!

I had mentioned that I finally bought Emmeline an exersaucer. I debated for weeks and knew the time had come that she needed one. She was awake more during the days and needed something to keep her entertained/stimulated/busy. I couldn't bring myself to purchase her a new exersaucer ranging anywhere from 60-100+ dollars, so we headed to Bubble's Kids, a wonderful consignment shop in Greensboro to look for one. They had several different options, but we ended up with a Bright Start's Bouncy exersaucer thing. (That's the technical name. ha) It was brightly colored, but not overly obnoxious and the toys seemed fun enough and had places where you could add and change out your own toys. The 24 dollar price tag was awesome, so we loaded it up. Once we got home, I put Emmy down for her nap and got out the cleaning spray and took that thing apart and scrubbed it really well. It was pretty dirty from sitting in the store.

The first time I put her in it, her feet didn't quite touch the bottom of it. She just kinda looked around at all the things and I tried to show her what each one did. She was a little underwhelmed, but I knew she would catch on eventually. She loves it now and gets easily distracted by all the fun toys so that I can accomplish some things... or just eat my lunch in peace! She definitely lets you know when she is "over it". I am thinking about getting her a jumperoo as well, since she seems to love the exersaucer.

Watching Game Day one Saturday morning..
 Oh, hey Mom, this is pretty fun.
 Brinkley, trying to join in the fun. Emmeline is not amused.
 Such a ham. Trying to get the flower in to her mouth!
 Mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment