Monday, November 14, 2011

You're Free! You're Free!

Well, your arms are at least. Around 5 months old, we transitioned you from your swaddle to a sleepsack. (specifically the grobag, which we LOVE!) You were doing okay with the swaddle, but definitely didn't want to be wrapped up. You would protest it and if you'd wake up in the middle of your nap, a lot of times, you'd just spend time working trying to get out, instead of going back to sleep. I knew this day was going to come, but I was just not ready for it. :)

We decided that we had to just go for it, so that night, we did your bathtime/bedtime routine, gave you your bottle and then... wait? what is this Mom? my arms are not being pinned under my bottom and wrapped up as tight as humanly possible? You looked at us a little crazy and then just flapped your arms like a crazy person.

I watched her on the video monitor as she played and looked around for about half an hour. She finally fell asleep, which I knew she would, but I was worried she would wake up startled by it in the middle of the night. Nope, she was fine. Whew! I was very pleased with the whole process, even though I was a little sad to quit swaddling her.

Chillin in her grobag after a nap one Saturday morning with daddy... I love this picture!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment