I love Fall. It is one of my favorite times of year. I guess when you have babies, it is like some unwritten rule that you must take them to a pumpkin patch and photograph them by the pumpkins. Wanting to do the right thing as a mother, I looked up some area farms and found a day that we would be able to go out as a family and get some shots of Emmeline with pumpkins.
We picked a Sunday that Rob didn't have any sporting events and got all dressed up. I put on a sweater, jeans, and boots, only to walk outside to find it was sunny and in the 70's. Oh well, at least we looked the part! Emmeline wore a beautiful blue dress with smocked pumpkins that her Mimi got for her.
We ended up going to Archdale to Kersey Valley. They have a corn maze and all sorts of fun attractions, but it was nap time (E actually fell asleep when we pulled in the parking lot. Whoops!) so we got some pictures with the pumpkins, purchased a little one for her, and headed back home to watch some football.
Like I said, Emmeline was so tired at the pumpkin patch, but did great. We were only thereabout 20 or 30 minutes. She really just stared at everything. It was hard to get any smiles out of her, as she was very tired. The sun was also reeeeeeally bright. I brought out my camera and just started snapping pictures. I couldn't even see what I was taking because it was so bright. When I got home I was THRILLED so see the gorgeous pictures of my precious family.
I know next year, when Emmeline is older, it will be more enjoyable to her, but we made some great little memories with her, even in just the few minutes we were there.
Daddy and Emmy... man, do I chersish them.
Even got a picture of Mommy with Emmy!
She's precious! And I love your sweater - so cute.
ReplyDeleteshe's so cute!!
ReplyDeleteOh dear that dress is to die for!! And she has about as much hair as my little Georgia so we can't really do bows either, unless they are on a headband....when she will leave it on.
ReplyDelete