Saturday, November 26, 2011

Emmy is 7 Months Old!

Emmeline is 7 Months Old!
November 26th, 2011
I say it every month, but seriously, where does the time go?! This first year is flying by and it only gets better and better. This stage is my favorite so far. Emmeline has such a sweet and HILARIOUS personality that is showing more each day. She wakes up singing and squealing which causes me to wake up smiling and laughing. It's definitely the best alarm clock I've ever heard!

I love how much Emmeline is growing and changing each week. I feel like she is always learning something and surprising me with her new abilities. She finally started rolling around, after hating tummy time for such a long time. Now, if I lay her down, she promptly flips to her belly and starts scouting out something to go for. She also learned how to flip over to her belly in her crib, as I mentioned in a previous post. It was hilarious when I turned on the monitor one morning and saw her on her belly staring up at the camera. Silly girl! Sometimes she sleeps on her belly and other times, she is on her back. I guess she does whatever feels comfortable to her at the time. It seems like she may sleep better at naps when she is on her belly, but often at naps she stays on her back.
Emmeline is having 4 bottles a day around 7,11,3/330, 7 and eating 3 "meals". I just kind of make up what I feed her, and of course, refer to Moms on Call feeding suggestions. The solids are just practice and not really crucial to their "diet" in the first year, so I don't worry if she doesn't always eat a bunch. She typically gets oatmeal and some fruit mixed in in the morning, a veggie/fruit combo for lunch, and some rice cereal with a veggie/fruit for supper. She is so cute and looks like a baby bird when I sit down with the bowl of food, she automatically opens her mouth waiting. She does great getting her mouth around the spoon and feeding time is much less of a mess than it was in the beginning... although, she does find her highchair straps quite tasty and I find it hard to keep those out of her mouth! I still give her the sippy cup of water every once in a while, but at this age, she just chews on the spout and lets the water run out her mouth. She can hold it well though!

Emmeline continues to be a great sleeper at night. She gets her last bottle around 7pm and goes straight to bed and I don't hear from her until about 7 in the morning. Her naps during the day are always around the same time, but it just depends on the day whether she takes a good nap or not. She goes to her crib for 2 naps a day, but I swear she'd stay up all day if I let her. Sometimes I hate to put her down for a nap because she's having so much fun playing, but after about 5 minutes, she's asleep, so I know she needs the downtime.
Thankfully, she is still loving her exersaucer. She will just play and talk and laugh in that thing for as long as I leave her in there! She really studies all the toys and what they do. She is very observant and always examines every little part of a toy. Sometimes she gets a really "serious" tone in her voice as she chatters at the toys and other times, she just squeals, which is our favorite sound ever. It's just so happy! Besides squealing, she also makes a funny popping noise with her lips and will mimic you if you do it first, she blows raspberries, and thinks it is HILARIOUS if I pretend to cough.
Besides her exersaucer, she is content just playing on the floor rolling around with some toys. She often goes for books, but just sticks them right in her mouth. She has gotten better at sitting up independently, but I have to be right there with her in case she tips over. She still puts everything in her mouth and now reaches for anything in her sight or anything you are holding in your hands. Even though she constantly has a finger digging around in the back of her mouth, there is still no sign of teeth. Oh well, fine with me! She is definitely growing a lot lately, but is still wearing 3-6m and 6m clothes and I just recently bought her some size 3 diapers, but size 2 are fine as well. She has chunky little thighs that I love so much. She is very ticklish on her legs, under her arms, and under her chin. She will squeal very loud when tickled... especially when Rob does it! She loves her Daddy!

Dear Emmeline,
Every month gets better with you. You are the perfect addition to our family and we don't know what we'd do without you. You make us smile everyday and we are so happy the Lord chose us to be your parents. We can't wait to see what the upcoming months will bring!
Love, Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment