Wednesday, April 20, 2011

39 weeks

Sorry for the rant yesterday. It had been an incredibly long, hot, last day of school with my kids. I am feeling much better today. I slept a little last night and slept in this morning which was nice. My legs are still really sore from yesterday, but I've been able to relax today and even had a glorious nap this afternoon. Whew!



We went to the doctor this morning for my 39 week appointment, but there isn't much to report. This particular doctor didn't seem too concerned about her size and said we'd keep waiting for labor to happen naturally and when I did go into labor that they wouldn't let me push, push, push and not make progress before they would decide on a c-section. This was good to hear as I am still terrified about pushing out a 10 lb baby!



Blood pressure looked good, I've gained about 30 some odd pounds which I think is not too bad at all. Her heart sounded good. The doctor checked my cervix and to my sadness, I was still the same as I'd been a couple weeks ago. 2 cm dilated and about 60 percent effaced. I know this really doesn't tell you anything about when labor could start, but it still would have made me feel better to hear there had been some sort of change. I did lose my mucus plug a few days ago.(gross and TMI, but hey, I want to document it all!)



I am hoping the upcoming days won't be too bad with me just being anxious. I have really managed to do well today. I was very nervous about the actual appt so now thats over with and I'm good with the report. We made an appt for next Tuesday if she hasn't shown yet. (Please come on dear!)



This picture was taken last weekend right before I hit 39 weeks. I think I have dropped a lot since this picture was taken because when I try to rest my arms or hand on my belly, its not where it used to be! Thank you to the fabulous Courtney Willis for all my wonderful belly shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment